- Do you use gambling as a way to escape problem or relieve unpleasant emotion?
- Do you feel unable to stop playing regardless of winning or losing?
- Are you betting more than you intended?
- Have you neglected family or work responsibilities because of gambling?
- Have you borrowed money from others in order to relieve a financial problem that arose due to gambling?
- Do you feel restless or irritated when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
- Have you lost or jeopardized important relationship(s) due to gambling?
If you notice one or more of the above signs in yourself or in somebody you know, you or he/she may need help.
Chinese Family Services of Ontario offers counselling services for problem gamblers and their families
- comprehensive assessment on the seriousness and the extent of the gambling behaviour and its effects
- formulate individualized treatment plan
- counselling for problem gamblers and their family members
Treatment plan includes:
- Crisis intervention
- Individual/family counselling
- Casino Self-Exclusion Program
- Social skills training
- Problem-solving skills training
- Stress management
- Leisure education
- Referral to professionals regarding financial, health and legal issues
ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THE DECISION TO CHANGE
CALL US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
Responsible Gambling Council
In partnership with the Responsible Gambling Council, free brochures in 17 languages are available here
Looking at your cost of play over time will help you understand the long term costs involved in the game that you play. Use the Responsible Gambling Council's new, free Cost2Play Calculator at www.NoRegrets.ca or get the free app - available for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry smartphones.