- The purpose of the Partner Assault Response program is to help men stop being violent, abusive and controlling towards their partners.
- This is a 12 week program for Chinese-speaking men who have been emotionally, psychologically & physically abusive toward their female partners and have been mandated by court to participate. The program consists of both individual and group counselling.
In this program, men will learn:
- to develop a better understanding of domestic violence and its impact on the family and society at large;
- to take increased responsibility for one's own behaviour and to understand that being abusive is a matter of choice;
- to learn that there are alternate ways of expressing anger other than using violence;
- to develop and implement better anger and stress management skills;
- to rebuild a better, safer and more harmonious relationship with their family members;
- to share experience and receive support from other men who have similar problems
Did You Know?
Children who witness the abuse of their mothers tend to have serious behavioural problem (17 times more likely for boys and 10 times for girls)
How to participate?
Court-Mandated Referrals: Potential participants must be referred by the justice system as being under the bail condition, Probation and Parole Order or any other Court Orders in Ontario.
The Agency: Chinese Family Services of Ontario has been a service provider within the Chinese Canadian community for families inflicted with domestic violence. We aim to help build a safe and harmonious community by providing professional counselling and settlement services to individuals and families in need.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on the program or making a referral, please contact: CHINESE FAMILY SERVICES OF ONTARIO (416) 979-8299